Sunday, March 25, 2007

Visas for Mexico, FM-T, FM-2, FM-3, Immigration information

All countries require some sort of immigration process, and Mexico is no different. In fact, Mexico has a strict immigration policy, but it is not impossible, and for the most part can be handled without lawyers or specialists.

Basically there are 3 major types of Visas, and various other subsets and variations available:

FM-T - Tourist visa.

FM-2 - Visa for those who wish to reside permanently in Mexico.

FM-3 - Visa for those who wish to work or reside in Mexico, this is an annually renewed document.

I strongly suggest you contact the nearest Mexican embassy or consulate to get the most up-to-date information and forms.

Get an official idea of what is necessary for immigration from the Counsel General of Mexico office in New York. Counsel General of Mexico in New York Link

Other good references can be found here:


No comments: